A map of female toplessness laws in the U.S.
The green colored states are those where top freedom is in effect.
The orange colored ones have amibiguous state laws on the matter.
The red colored ones are the ones where the mere showing of the female breast in public is illegal according to state law.
Summer weather tip: It’s actually more legal for women to walk around without their tops on that you might think.
(via Go Topless)
Unfortunately they still arrest you and give you a ticket for either public nudity, public indecency or lewdness. Generally lewdness has to be more sexual though.
"Being vegan must be so hard!"
Yeah if you think reading labels is hard.
don’t u love how movies about the future changed it used to be like
woa flying cars
woa time travel
and now its just like
to die in some horrible apocalypse
says a lot about out cultural state of mind
I’m just hoping I can expand my consciousness with crazy drugs and ride Shia-Hulud.
Has anybody ever actually gotten salmonella from eating raw cookie dough or are people just trying to stop me from living my life
I’m vegan so I don’t put eggs in cookies dough so I can never get salmonella. So sometimes instead of eating cookies all I eat is the dough. It’s great.
(Source: wartortles, via the--sun-is--gone)
how do cats even work
- A cat can jump up to five times its own height in a single bound.
- The little tufts of hair in a cat’s ear that help keep out dirt direct sounds into the ear, and insulate the ears are called “ear furnishings.”
- The ability of a cat to find its way home is called “psi-traveling.” Experts think cats either use the angle of the sunlight to find their way or that cats have magnetized cells in their brains that act as compasses.
- One reason that kittens sleep so much is because a growth hormone is released only during sleep.
- A cat has 230 bones in its body. A human has 206. A cat has no collarbone, so it can fit through any opening the size of its head.
- A cat’s nose pad is ridged with a unique pattern, just like the fingerprint of a human.
- If they have ample water, cats can tolerate temperatures up to 133 °F.
- A cat’s heart beats nearly twice as fast as a human heart, at 110 to 140 beats a minute.
- Cats don’t have sweat glands over their bodies like humans do. Instead, they sweat only through their paws.
- The claws on the cat’s back paws aren’t as sharp as the claws on the front paws because the claws in the back don’t retract and, consequently, become worn.
- Cats make about 100 different sounds. Dogs make only about 10.
- Researchers are unsure exactly how a cat purrs. Most veterinarians believe that a cat purrs by vibrating vocal folds deep in the throat. To do this, a muscle in the larynx opens and closes the air passage about 25 times per second.
- A cat almost never meows at another cat, mostly just humans. Cats typically will spit, purr, and hiss at other cats.
- A cat’s back is extremely flexible because it has up to 53 loosely fitting vertebrae. Humans only have 34.
- Some cats have survived falls of over 65 feet (20 meters), due largely to their “righting reflex.” The eyes and balance organs in the inner ear tell it where it is in space so the cat can land on its feet. Even cats without a tail have this ability.
- A cat can travel at a top speed of approximately 31 mph (49 km) over a short distance.
- A cat’s hearing is better than a dog’s. And a cat can hear high-frequency sounds up to two octaves higher than a human.
- A cat’s brain is biologically more similar to a human brain than it is to a dog’s. Both humans and cats have identical regions in their brains that are responsible for emotions.
And that’s how cats work.
(Source: caturday, via lunagerulf)
Anonymous said: Why is it so hard for you to get cultural appropriation. Why.
Choosing not to brush my hair is not disrespectful to anybody’s culture in any way. Why can’t you see we’re all earthlings?
Do you, lady ! Your dreads are amazing. These blackies are just mad that you our hair is beautiful and you are able to have beautiful normal hair when you’re done with it
Ew what the fuck is that comment
whoa whoa no. Dreads are fine no matter your race but calling people ‘Blackies’ is an absolute NO. And saying they will be jealous because they would have ‘normal’ hair after??? All hair is normal hair?? ?
Racism is never ever ever okay.
They’re racists against whites for not letting us have dreads. When their shit colored smelly hair is in dreads then it’s fine I guess but we can’t?
"SHIT COLORED SMELLY HAIR"
This is what I love about open racists.
At least you know who the enemy is.
This is why I’m beginning to say “no” to white folks with dreads…
””blackies are just mad”
"beautiful normal people hair when you’re done”
"their shit colored smelly hair”
When people ask why many Black people are vehemently opposed to white people wanting to be a part of the natural hair movement, remember these statements. Remember that this is not just about hair, but about the stigma and hatred we face for embracing it. It’s about a willful lack of understanding or respect.
Can I just say that from my experience dreads on white people have to be made using wax, loads of teasing and work? I mean maybe someone has got curly enough hair out there to make it dreaded just by not brushing their hair, but I can tell you my hair as a white person will never dread on it’s own. As for cultural appropriation I think there are some more ancient European cultures that dreaded their hair in one way or another. But I could be horribly mistaken and just being stupid so take what I say with a grain of salt…. or many.